Download and Install the Millennium Environment Software for Macintosh
See Installing the Millennium Environment for an overview and tips about installation of the Millennium Environment.
To run these installers, the Macintosh workstation is required to have:
- For Release 2009B, workstations on 10.5.2 or later (Leopard) will need to download the Java for Mac OS X 10.5 Update 1 or higher, as appropriate.
- A supported JRE, which is not included in this installer. You can upgrade the JRE through the Mac's Software Update utility or by going to http://developer.apple.com/java/download/ and searching for the correct JRE). If the workstation does not have the correct JRE when you run this installer, the system displays an error message with the correct required JRE and you will need to upgrade the JRE before running the installer again.
Before you begin, make sure that you know the domain name of the library's Innovative machine; you will be asked for this information as part of the installation.
These instructions are for libraries running 10.7.x and earlier. See here if you are running 10.8.x.
- Download the appropriate installer file. The file should unzip automatically, creating an Install file.
Software Release Supported Millennium Environment Supported JREs Release 2011 milup160.zip 1.6.0_05 (for Mac OS X 10.5.2 and later only, including Mac OS X Lion - see workstation recommendations) Release 2009B milup160.zip 1.6.0_05 (for Mac OS X 10.5.2 and later only, including Mac OS X Lion - see workstation recommendations) Release 2009A milup150_06.zip 1.5.0_12 and 1.6.0_02 Content Pro 2.2 milup160_31.zip milup160_31.zip
- Double-click on the Install file.
- Choose Next when prompted by the setup wizard.
- When prompted to select the location for the Millennium icon, it is recommended that you select the Applications directory. This will allow non-administrator users to find and use Millennium.
- At the Where would you like to create the Millennium alias? prompt, choose a location, then choose Next.
- Enter the fully qualified domain name at the prompt (i.e., library.institution.edu), then press Next.
You may also use the Innovative server IP address rather than the domain name; however, if you change the server's IP address, you will have to update the Millennium icon properties on every workstation.
- The wizard displays a status screen with details on the Product Name, Install Folder, Alias Folder, Millennium Server, and Disk Space Information. Choose Install to continue.
- You will see a progress dialog, then the wizard will announce when the installation is complete. If you do not have a previous installation of Millennium on your system, the installer adds an "Innovative Millennium" alias at the location specified above.
The Millennium Environment software installation is complete. You may need to restart your system in order for it to reload any system files that were updated during the setup.
The Millennium applications rely on the fixed location of the Millennium Environment. Do not move these programs and files or rename the directory after you install the Millennium Environment.
- Click on Finder | Applications | System Preferences.
- Select Security and Privacy.
- Under General, .Allow applications downloaded from., select Anywhere then Allow From Anywhere button.
- Download the installer for Release 2011.
- After downloading, double click on the installer and follow the installer wizard prompts.
- When the installation completes, if you would like to change the Security settings back to Apple's default, undo your changes.
When downloading a new JRE, the system will not copy the existing font.properties file into the new JRE folder. You can either copy the font.properties file from the previous folder or download the font properties again. With JRE 1.5.0_06, you must download and use the fontconfig.[operating system].properties file.
Last updated: Monday, September 29, 2014